Experiential learning, or learning-by-doing, enhances your personal, professional and academic experience. Opportunities include (but are not limited to) study abroad, internships, research, long-term volunteer work, teaching assistants, and relevant employment.
- Earn at least 12 Experiential Learning credits.
- You can start at any time, but must complete all by graduation
Follow process below:
Meaningful experiential learning requires reflection. To get credit for your experiences, you'll complete the honors reflection process on the ICON Honors Program Portal. If you do not have access to the ICON, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The honors reflection process includes a pre-experience questionnaire, a post-experience questionnaire and a narrative.
- Four experiential learning credits is the maximum number of credits that can be earned per experience per semester.
- When an experience continues for 2 or more semesters, you have the option to submit a narrative each semester or a single narrative at the end of your experience.
- Track your hours. Typically 30 hours = 1 experiential credit.