If you're looking for assistance, consider the student impact grant. Follow the link below for more information.
Applying for the Honors Experiential Learning Grant
Honors at Iowa is occasionally able to offer financial support to undergraduates who:
- are members of the Honors Program
- intend to travel for/participate in an experiential learning event, (e.g. professional conferences, study abroad experiences, internships, research trips/training endeavors, etc.).
*The amount of each award varies according to circumstance and need, but averages $500.
Finding Additional Funding
We encourage students to explore other options for travel funding, which may include, but are not limited to the following resources:
- Your home department(s). Ideally, Honors travel grants will be maximized by matching funds from other department and organizations on campus.
- Stanley Undergraduate Award for Undergraduate Research
- Dewey Stuit Fund for Undergraduate Research
- John and Elsie Mae Ferentz Undergraduate Research Grants
If you have questions about the Honors Experiential Learning Grant, the application process, or have difficulty accessing our online application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.