- Upon entry to the program, attend an orientation session.
- Take an honors course in your first semester as a member.
- Maintain a 3.33 UI cumulative grade point average to maintain your membership in the program.
If your UI cumulative grade point average falls below 3.33, you have one semester to rectify the situation. In other words, if your UI cumulative GPA is lower than 3.33 for two consecutive spring and fall semesters, you will be removed from the program.
Students who leave the program due to missing coursework or a GPA below the minimum can reapply to the program. Applicants should be prepared to demonstrate readiness to maintain the curricular and GPA requirements.
- Meet with your Honors Peer Mentor one or more times yearly to review your University Honors plan of study and to explore possible opportunities.
- Honors students are required to secure peer mentoring once per academic year until they complete the 12 s.h. coursework requirement. Honors professional staff are also available for advising and can be scheduled via MyUI or reached for advising by email at any time.
Complete 12 semester hours (s.h.) of honors coursework within your first 4 semesters in the program.*
Earn 12 honors credits or "units" of experiential learning through one or more approved experiences.(Experiential learning credit does not necessarily earn s.h. credit.)
*If students are enrolled part-time, each 12 s.h. of coursework earned is equal to one "semester" for honors coursework deadlines.
The Honors Contract Form will be available beginning the first day of the semester on MyUI under Student Information > Courses & Grades. You will also be able to access it at here.
Students must submit contracts to their instructor through MyUI by the fifth week of class of each semester.
Use this form to earn honors credit for a regular class.
Honors Independent Study Form
To fill out if enrolled in: HONR: 3050, 3994, or 4990
Research Experience Verification
Use this form to request honors credit for a research experience done on a volunteer, paid, or 0 s.h. basis.*
*Beginning Spring 2021 students engaged in volunteer, paid, or 0 s.h. research will need to complete the Honors Reflection Process