Note: The University of Iowa Honors Program is not Honors in the Major. You do not have to be a member of the University Honors Program in order to complete honors in your major and not all majors require a thesis/project. Contact your Honors Advisor with questions.
- Attend an orientation session.
- Take an honors course in your first semester as a member.
- Graduate with a 3.33 UI cumulative grade point average.
- Meet with your Honors Peer Mentor one or more times yearly to review your University Honors plan of study and to explore possible opportunities.
- Honors students are required to secure peer mentoring once per academic year. Honors professional staff are also available for advising and can be scheduled via MyUI or reached for advising by email at any time.
Complete 12 semester hours (s.h.) of honors coursework within your first 4 semesters in the program.*+
Earn 12 honors credits or "units" of experiential learning through one or more approved experiences.(Experiential learning credit does not necessarily earn s.h. credit.)
*If students are enrolled part-time, each 12 s.h. of completed coursework earned is equal to one "semester" counting towards the honors coursework deadline.