- Attend an orientation session.
- Take an honors course in your first semester as a member.
- Graduate with a 3.33 UI cumulative grade point average.
- Meet with your Honors Peer Mentor one or more times yearly to review your University Honors plan of study and to explore possible opportunities.
- Honors students are required to secure peer mentoring once per academic year until they complete the 12 s.h. coursework requirement. Honors professional staff are also available for advising and can be scheduled via MyUI or reached for advising by email at any time.
Complete 12 semester hours (s.h.) of honors coursework within your first 4 semesters in the program.*
Earn 12 honors credits or "units" of experiential learning through one or more approved experiences.(Experiential learning credit does not necessarily earn s.h. credit.)
*If students are enrolled part-time, each 12 s.h. of completed coursework earned is equal to one "semester" counting towards the honors coursework deadline.
The Honors Contract Form will be available beginning the first day of the semester on MyUI under Student Information > Courses & Grades. You will also be able to access it at here.
Students must submit contracts to their instructor through MyUI by the sixth week of class of each semester. The deadline is listed here: https://registrar.uiowa.edu/academic-calendar
Use this form to earn honors credit for a regular class.
Honors Independent Study Form
To fill out if enrolled in: HONR: 3050, 3994, or 4990