- Upon entry to the program, attend an orientation session.
- Take an honors course in your first semester as a member.
- Maintain a 3.33 UI cumulative grade point average to maintain your membership in the program.
- Meet with your Honors Peer Mentor yearly to review your University Honors plan of study and to explore possible opportunities.
- Honors students are required to secure peer mentoring once per academic year until they complete the 12 s.h. coursework requirement. Honors professional staff are also available for advising and can be scheduled via MyUI or reached for advising by email at any time.
Complete 12 semester hours (s.h.) of honors coursework within your first 4 semesters in the program.*
Earn 12 honors credits or "units" of experiential learning through one or more approved experiences.(Experiential learning credit does not necessarily earn s.h. credit.)
*If students are enrolled part-time, each 12 s.h. of coursework earned is equal to one "semester" for honors coursework deadlines.
Honors Independent Study Course Forms
These forms are due by the fifth day of class each semester. Email PDF scans to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop paper forms off at 420 BHC by 5:00 p.m. on the fifth day of classes.
Submit your plan of study using the forms below when you create your own course!
The Honors Contract Form will be available beginning the first day of the semester on MyUI under Student Information > Courses & Grades. You will also be able to access it at here.
Students must submit contracts to their instructor through MyUI by the fifth week of class of each semester.
Use this form to earn honors credit for a regular class.
Research Experience Verification
Use this form to request honors credit for a research experience.