Contributed by Honors Alumnus David Hamod in honor of his mother, this scholarship applauds a history major for designing a distinguished Honors Thesis in that discipline. This award is meant to support work on that project, so recipients must be full-time students in History and pursuing Honors in the History Major in the semester they apply for the Hamod Habhab Keeshan Scholarship and in the year that they hold it. They must also be members of the University of Iowa Honors Program.
- Must be a declared History major, pursuing History Honors and working on a History Honors Thesis.
- Must be a member in good standing of the University of Iowa Honors Program at the time of application and award.
- Must be enrolled in a degree granting program and seeking first undergraduate degree in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Must be enrolled full-time as a junior or senior in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences in Fall 2023
- Must continue full-time as a junior or senior in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences in 2023-2024
This scholarship is not automatically renewable. If current award recipients continue to meet eligibility criteria, they must submit a new application each year to be considered for this award
- Applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.