Applications for Fall of 2024 are underway. The deadline for applicants is January 12th. Contact your admissions counselor for questions reaching the honors application!
Before you Apply: Students must be admitted to the University of Iowa prior to submitting an application for the Honors Program, but they do not need to commit to attending the university prior to applying for honors.
How to Apply: Students will apply for the Honors Program through their Admissions Profile in MyUI beginning in September. If you do not see the application in your Admissions Profile, contact your admissions counselor to have the application added. There are no formal minimum requirements for entry into the Honors Program, nor are there guarantees of admission given a specific high school GPA.
Housing: All housing inquiries must be directed to the Housing Team.
Tips and Tricks
Check out our Tips and Tricks as you complete your application!
Staying in the Program:
- Honors students must take an honors class during their first semester in the program. For most first-years, their honors first-year seminar will fulfill that requirement.
- Students must have a total of 12 s.h. credit from honors classes (or 6 s.h. in the case of engineering majors) by the end of their fourth semester in the program.
Graduating with University Honors:
- In addition to the 12 s.h. credit of coursework, students must complete 12 credits of Experiential Learning.
- Honors students must have a UI cumulative GPA of 3.33 or above at graduation to be considered for graduation with University Honors.
- Students who leave the program due to missing coursework can reapply to the program but should be prepared to demonstrate readiness to complete the curricular and GPA requirements. Your membership does not guarantee you will graduate with University Honors.
We'd love to meet you!
Prepare and learn more about honors orientation.
Consider attending Primetime in August.
Review membership requirements.