Honors at Iowa is occasionally able to offer UP TO $500.00 to undergraduates who:
- are members of our program,
- must travel to participate in an experiential learning event like a professional conference, a performance, a study abroad experience, an internship, or a research trip or training endeavor.
ALL prospective applicants are required to read our application guide carefully BEFORE applying. To view this document, click on the link below:
Follow this link to complete the Travel Grant Application:Honors at Iowa Travel Grant Application
Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser: https://uiowa.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_009wktTqjHFJL0x
In order to be considered for a travel grant, student applicants must be either presenting or co-presenting a poster/oral paper, be named on the presentation given by a mentor, or be contributing to the event in a substantial way.
To complete the form, you will need to know:
- Event information, including location and dates
- A copy of the abstract, poster, application, etc.
- An estimated travel budget (airfare/gas, lodging, registration, food, etc.)
Honors can offer up to $500/per student application per year. At this time, we are unable to support experiential travel beyond this amount. We encourage students to explore other options for travel funding, which may include, but are not limited to the following resources:
- Your home department(s). Ideally, Honors travel grants will be maximized by matching funds from other department and organizations on campus.
- Stanley Undergraduate Award for Undergraduate Research
- Dewey Stuit Fund for Undergraduate Research
- Global Health Studies Conference Travel Awards
If you have questions about Honors Travel Grants, the application process, or have difficulty accessing our online application form, please call 319-335-1874 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.