Each semester, we field a lot of questions about funding that will support international research and experience.
While UI Undergraduate Fellowships does coordinate a group of programs that fund graduate study in the UK (like the Churchill, Rhodes, Marshall, Mitchell & Gates Cambridge fellowships), we defer to the experts in UI International Programs and in the Office for Study Abroad when it comes to the wide range of scholarships and grants they coordinate for our campus. It is not unusual for undergraduate scholars who are investing in their own intellectual and personal development at the university, local and state levels to pursue global academic, research or creative opportunities.
If you want to...
- go abroad for all or part of your graduate work, take a look at the Fulbright, but don’t forget to check out the Churchill, Gates Cambridge, Marshall, Mitchell, and Rhodes scholarships.
- learn a new language or improve your proficiency in another, consider the Boren, the Gilman, the Critical Language Scholarship (CLS), the Whitaker, or the Fulbright.
- be a part of the national conversation on issues like educational standards, hunger, non-proliferation, or tribal health care, I would start with the Beinecke, Truman or Udall Scholarships, but don’t forget the Gates Cambridge, Humanity in Action, Carnegie Junior Fellows or Marshall fellowships.
- conduct research in academia or the private sector (or a combination of the two!), the Goldwater, Beinecke, Rhodes or Whitaker could be the opportunity for you.
To find out more about the opportunities highlighted above, check out our guide to Nationally Competitive Scholarships & Fellowships
We've also got a more focused, discipline-specific listing of fellowships for students pursing academic, research and community work in International and Peace/Conflict Studies
Undergraduate scholarship, fellowship & grant opportunities coordinated by UI International Programs
To find out more about the awards listed below, visit UI International Program’s Undergraduate Funding Opportunities page here.
To view information about the individual awards highlighted below, just click on the title of the opportunity or visit UI International Programs website.
- Stanley Undergraduate Awards for International Research
- Global Health Studies Conference Travel Awards
- Global Health Studies Travel Awards
- Boren Awards
- Critical Language Scholarship
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
Undergraduate scholarship, fellowship & grant opportunities coordinated by the UI Office for Study Abroad
To find out more about the awards listed below, visit the Office for Study Abroad’s External Funding Opportunities page here.
To view information about the individual awards highlighted below, just click on the title of the opportunity or visit UI Office for Study Abroad website.