UI Undergraduate Fellowships assists passionate, self-directed, high-achieving students at the University of Iowa in their pursuit of university, national, and international scholarship, fellowship, and grant opportunities. Our Director of Scholar Development works directly with students as they consider how specific scholarship and fellowship opportunities can support their larger intellectual, professional, and creative goals.
The nationally-competitive fellowship opportunities listed below are open to or designed for students who are pursuing a broad range of engineering degrees, including biomedical, civil & environmental, chemical, electrical, industrial and bioinformatics.
Recent Winners of Nationally-Competitive Fellowships from the UI College of Engineering:
- Kasra Zarei, Biomedical Engineering – 2015 Goldwater Scholar
- Alexandra Bartlett, Chemical Engineering - 2015, 2014 Goldwater Honorable Mention
- Jocelyn Todd, Biomedical Engineering - 2015 NSF GRFP Winner
- Allison Kindig, Industrial Engineering - 2015 Gates Cambridge Scholar
- Keyan Zarei, Biomedical Engineering - 2013 Goldwater Honorable Mention
- Jonathan Bachman, Chemical Engineering – 2013 NSF GRFP
- Alexandra Keenan, Biomedical Engineering - 2007 Goldwater Scholar, 2009 Rhodes Finalist
- Peter Pellegrino, Biomedical Engineering - 2009 Fulbright Grant, 2009 Whitaker Fellowship
- Rachel Levine, Chemical and Biomedical Engineering - 2008 Goldwater Scholar
- James Ankrum, Biomedical Engineering - 2008 NSF GRFP, 2008 Churchill Scholar, 2006 Goldwater Scholar - Current Faculty in Biomedical Engineering!
- William Leichty, Chemical and Biomedical Engineering - 2007 Gates Cambridge Scholar, 2007 NSF GRFP Winner, 2005 Goldwater Scholar
- Lexie Olson, Chemical and Biochemical Engineering - 2005 Goldwater Scholar