It may take up to 12 hours to receive the form by email.
This form is due by the fifth day of class each semester.
Engage with course material you’ve previously studied on a deeper level by enrolling in an HONR:3100 Honors Teaching Practicum. This is an independent study course that allows honors students the opportunity to contribute to their academic community in a professional role and foster a relationship with a professor of their choice. Responsibilities include holding office hours, assisting the professor with course preparation and assignment management, developing teaching aids, and presenting material. Honors students collaborate with an Iowa faculty member to identify responsibilities, schedule commitments, and structure practicum grading criteria.
- Meet with your instructor and negotiate the terms of your teaching practicum
- Fill out the web form below and click submit.
- Your form will be emailed to you. Print this email, sign it, and have your instructor sign it.
- Register for HONR:3100 by selecting your instructor's name from the drop-down list in MyUI.
- Turn your signed form in to 420 Blank Honors Center by the deadline above. You may consider your submission accepted unless we contact you.
- Grading: A-F (honors credit will not be awarded if a non-passing grade is received)
- Your instructor certifies satisfactory completion of your practicum by submitting a grade for your work.
- If your instructor's name does not appear in the instructor list, email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and department to have them added to the list.
- Registered students are expected to commit three hours per week to the experience for each credit hour earned.
- You cannot earn academic credit if you are getting also getting paid, but you may be eligible for honors credit. Contact Andrew-Willard@uiowa.edu to inquire.
- If you have not received permission from the instructor to add this section, your enrollment may be administratively dropped.
Contact the Honors Advising Director Holly-Yoder@uiowa.edu with questions.