It may take up to 12 hours for your form to arrive by email
This form is due by the fifth day of class each semester.
Apply what you’ve learned in class through an HONR:3160 Honors Internship. Honors students collaborate with an Iowa faculty member to identify internship responsibilities, schedule time commitment, develop an academic component to the experience, and structure grading criteria. The academic component will promote critical engagement and may include relevant readings, a statistical analysis, or an independent research project. Contact Andrew Willard if your internship is not supervised by a University of Iowa faculty member to determine eligibility for honors credit.
- Meet with your instructor and negotiate the terms of your internship.
- Fill out the web form below and click submit.
- Your form will be emailed to you. Print this email, sign it, and have your instructor sign it.
- Register for HONR:3160 by selecting your instructor's name from the drop-down list in MyUI.
- Turn your signed form in to 420 Blank Honors Center by the deadline above. You may consider your submission accepted unless we contact you.
- Grading: A-F (honors credit will not be awarded if a non-passing grade is received)
- Your instructor certifies satisfactory completion of your plan of study by submitting a grade for your work.
- If your instructor's name does not appear in the instructor list, email email@example.com with their name and department to have them added to the list.
- Registered students are expected to commit three hours per week to the experience for each credit hour earned.
- If you have not received permission from the instructor to add this section, your enrollment may be administratively dropped.
Contact the Honors Experiential Learning Director Andrew-Willard@uiowa.edu with questions.