Contributed by Honors Alumnus David Hamod in honor of his mother, this scholarship applauds a history major for designing a distinguished Honors Thesis or Project in that discipline. This award is meant to support work on that project, so recipients must be full-time students in History and members of the Honors Program in the semester they apply for the Hamod Scholarship and in the year when they hold it. They must also be members of the University of Iowa Honors Program.
The competition for this award is now closed. Applications for the Hamod Scholarship are available on or before September 1 during the fall semester. Check for current deadlines here.
- To access the Application Form, click on the document below:
- To download a printable opportunity flier, click on the document below:
Please note! The application window for the Hamod Scholarship has been shifted to the Fall semester to better align the process with the honors thesis development process.
- Must be a History major
- Must be a member in good standing of the University of Iowa Honors Program at the time of application and award.
- Must be enrolled in a degree granting program and seeking first undergraduate degree in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Must be enrolled full-time as a junior or senior in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Fall of 2016
- Must continue full-time as a junior or senior in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences in 2016-17
This scholarship is not automatically renewable. If current award recipients continue to meet eligibility criteria, they must submit a new application each year to be considered for this award
- Applications will be available by September 1, 2016 and should be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
- Applications are due no later than Thursday, October 4, 2016.
Contacts on campus: