The Gates Cambridge Scholarship program, which supports one of the most prestigious fellowships available to U.S. students, was established in 2001 through a $210 million donation to the University of Cambridge from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The scholarship’s rigorous application and interview process is designed to identify and reward individuals who demonstrate extraordinary intellectual ability, great leadership potential and a genuine commitment to improving the lives of others.
Gates Cambridge applicants are not required to pursue the endorsement of their undergraduate institution, but students are strongly encouraged to connect with the Director of Scholar Development early on in the development of their applications to access available resources and expert support.
Prospective applicants should call 319-335-1874 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a conversation with the Director of Scholar Development.
See more of what you could do at http://honors.uiowa.edu/uihpfellowships
- Find more in-depth information about the Gates Cambridge Scholarship at https://www.gatescambridge.org/
- Read through our UI Undergraduate Fellowships Opportunity Profile Gates Cambridge - Opportunity Profile - UI Undergraduate Fellowships.pdf
- Familiarize yourself with important dates with our Deadline Schedule at http://honors.uiowa.edu/uihpfellowships-deadlines-and-workshops
Useful Resources for UI students interested in applying for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship (Campus nomination is NOT a formal step in the Gates Cambridge application process).
- Learn more about graduate study at the University of Cambridge.
- Review the Official 2016 Gates Cambridge Scholarship Competition Guidelines here.
- Learn more about the University of Iowa's most recent Gates Cambridge scholar, Allison Kindig
- Want to know more about what recent Gates Cambridge scholars investigated at Cambridge? Check out their video profiles.
Contact on Campus:
Kelly Thornburg, Director of Scholar Development, University of Iowa Honors Program, 319-335-1874, email@example.com