Located in Kate Daum Residence Hall, Honors House is a general-interest living learning community that began early in the 1990's with two floors and expanded to fill the building in 2006. First-year honors students living in Honors House can take classes together, enjoy exclusive events, and build lasting friendships. The connection between Honors at Iowa and Honors House allows residents to forge deeper connections with the program.
Benefits of Honors House Include:
- Single, double, and triple rooms with carpet, A/C, sinks, and the best pod-style bathrooms on campus (according to current residents)
- Lounges, laundry, rec room, and designated quiet hours
- Skywalk access to the Blank Honors Center
- Close to Burge Marketplace and Clinton Street Market
- Close to ITCs, printing resources, and a fitness center
- Exclusive programming including a treat trolley, Daum Prom, coffee and hot chocolate, workshops, and free admission to artistic and cultural events
While honors housing does offer its residents opportunities to meet honors students and engage more deeply with Honors at Iowa, active honors students live all over campus and Iowa City. Honors students are always encouraged to seek opportunities beyond the University Honors requirements.
We look forward to being able to provide additional housing beginning Fall 2017. More information to come!