University of Iowa


Honors Independent Study Course Forms

These forms are due by the fifth day of class each semester. Email PDF scans to or drop paper forms off at 420 BHC by 5:00 p.m. on the fifth day of classes.

Submit your plan of study using the forms below when you create your own course!

Honors Studies Form (HONR:3050)

Honors Teaching Practicum Form (HONR:3100)

Honors Service Learning Form (HONR:3150)

Honors Internship Form (HONR:3160)

Honors Research Practicum Form (HONR:3994)

Honors Contract

The Honors Contract Form will be available beginning the first day of the semester on MyUI under Student Information > Courses & Grades. You will also be able to access it at

Students must submit Spring 2019 contracts to their instructor through MyUI by Friday, February 22.

Use this form to earn honors credit for a regular class.

Honors Contract Form

Research Experience Verification

Use this form to request honors credit for a research experience.

Research Experience Verification Form

Honors in the Major

Spring 2019 degree applications are due February 22, 2019. Your thesis and submission agreement are due May 6, 2019. Email PDF scans to or drop paper forms off at 420 BHC by 5:00 p.m.

Honors Thesis Submission Agreement

Any student submitting work to the Honors Thesis Repository must complete this form.

Submission Agreement

Submit an Honors Thesis

  1. Discuss making your thesis/project available online with your faculty mentor and submit an an Honors Thesis Submission Agreement.
  2. Prepare an abstract of 400 words or less. You will submit this through the website just before uploading your thesis/project.
  3. Click the button below to log in to Iowa Research Online and upload your thesis/project. If you have not submitted to Iowa Research Online before you will need to create a new account.

Upload an Honors Thesis


Honors Scholarships

Click here for more information!