The Honors Student Center
The Honors Student Center is a 12,000 square foot space dedicated to our students provides the following amenities:
- Comfy lounges and common areas for studying or socializing
- A kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, and vending machines
- Small-group or private study rooms
- An outdoor patio
- A computer lab with 24 workstations
- The Belin Family Library
- A reception desk staffed by honors students who can answer questions and provide direction
- The Daum skywalk, which provides direct access to members of the Honors House LLC
- Extended hours of operation before and during finals week
Reception and Staff Offices
Location: 4th floor of the Blank Honors Center
Monday through Friday: Open 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Honors Student Center
Location: 3rd floor of the Blank Honors Center (ITC is room 318)
Spring and Fall
Monday through Thursday: Open 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Friday: Open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: Open 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: Open 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Extended Hours During Finals
Extended hours begin the Monday before finals week begins and ends Thursday of finals weel.
Monday-Thursday: Open at 8:00 a.m. and closing at Midnight
Friday:Open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Open at 11:00 a.m. and closing at Midnight
The Honors Student Center (3rd floor BHC) is closed during the summer session for Belin-Blank programs.
Home of Honors
The Blank Honors Center (BHC) is home to state-of-the-art classrooms (first and second floors), the Honors Student Center (third floor), Honors Program offices (fourth floor), as well as the Belin-Blank Center (fifth and sixth floors) who serves the international gifted community. One of the perks of being a member of Honors at Iowa is this learning space. The Blank Honors Center is centrally located on campus and offers a place for students to learn, study, and socialize.