Want to get involved? Check out our upcoming events below!
Friendsgiving Food Drive
For the month of November the Honors Program will be hosting a Friendsgiving Food Drive! The proceeds from this food drive will be given to the Food Pantry at Iowa here on campus to help support other students, staff, and faculty members who may be experiencing food insecurity. The donation box will be located on the 4th floor of the Blank Honors Building in front of the front desk for the whole month of November.
Items that the Food Pantry has requested are as follows: pasta, black beans (in bags), long rice, ramen, peanut butter, jelly, breakfast cereals, oatmeal, pancake mix, vegetable oil, canola oil, salt, pepper, mac and cheese, flour, sugar, jasmine rice, and other sealed shelf-stable food items. They are also in need of hygiene products such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, hand sanitizer, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, Kleenexes, toiled paper, pads, tampons, dental floss, body wash, diapers, and baby wipes.
Honors Destress Fest
During the last week of classes (December 5th-9th) the Honors Program will be hosting the Honors Destress Fest. This is a week-long opportunity to do something to help students destress and relax as they gear up for finals week. Each day of the week we will be hosting something different:
- On Monday, December 5th, we will have Cocoa & Coloring. From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. you can stop by the Nelson Activity Room (414 BHC) to grab some hot cocoa and/or unwind by coloring some coloring pages.
- On Tuesday, December 6th, from 10-11 a.m. the University Counselling Service will be providing a workshop on stress and anxiety management in 440 BHC.
- Throughout the day on Wednesday, December 7th, there will be mood-boosting snacks available in the Nelson Activity Room (414 BHC). Stop and grab something or hang out and study.
- On Thursday, December 8th, from 7-8:30 p.m. join the Social Squad in 440 BHC for the ultimate team gingerbread house decorating contest. For this event we ask that you please RSVP using this link.
- On Friday, December 9th, from 4-6 p.m. come celebrate the last day of class and wind down in 440 BHC by watching the movie 'Frozen' and enjoying popcorn.