CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:
HONORS STUDENT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
An Honors Student Administrative Assistant (admin) provides administrative support to the honors professional staff. Stationed at the reception desk on the 4th floor of the Blank Honors Center, an admin is the first point of contact to anyone who calls, emails, or walks in, and manages the daily operations of the office. An admin is required to develop a focus area utilizing their skills to serve a need for the program including but not limited to outreach, research and development, process improvement, or creative engagement. All admins are required to attend bi-weekly team meetings and report to the Honors Program Coordinator.
Honors students hired for this position will begin Fall 2016. Training is scheduled for August 18-19, 2016.
DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Interact with parents/families, high school students, current students, international students, faculty, staff, and outside guests in a professional manner.
- Greet visitors, answer questions, schedule appointments, provide directions, answer telephones, transfer calls, and perform other reception duties.
- Manage departmental email account and act on emails as appropriate.
- Accept, review, and process incoming forms, applications, and theses.
- Communicate with students and faculty to resolve discrepancies and advise on proper procedure.
- Respond to requests for admission to the program and clearly communicate entry requirements and the selective admission process. Provide referrals for advising on honors curriculum and graduation requirements.
- Distribute the daily visit list and prepare visitor packets.
- Manage room reservations, post signage, and prepare meeting spaces. Clean and monitor shared spaces on the 4th floor of the BHC.
- May serve as a member of the Honors Outreach Team and publish the weekly email newsletter (this role is selected by the Program Coordinator based on program of study and skill set.)
- Manage check-in and checkout of keys and program electronics/equipment.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail for the department.
- Make copies and handle scanning and faxing for the department.
- Assist professional staff with various tasks including data entry, mailing, word processing, research, document preparation, and filing.
- Other duties as assigned, including those that fall within your chosen focus area.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- High proficiency with computers and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The ability to read and comprehend information accurately.
- Attention to detail and consistent accuracy in your work.
- The ability to work independently and prioritize assignments.
- The confidence to solve problems and ask questions.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook is highly desired. So is previous scheduling experience.
- Previous experience working in an office or knowing how to use standard office equipment (multi-line phones, copy machines, scanners, printers) is desired.
- The deadline to apply is 11:59pm Sunday, March 6th
- Interviews will be held March 7-11
- All applicants will receive a final decision about their candidacy by March 18th